PRIVACY NOTICE FOR VET2PET MOBILE APPLICATION
Last modified: December 4, 2015
OVERVIEW. This Privacy Notice, effective as of the date listed above, outlines the privacy policies with regard to the Mobile Application (the”Application“)
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, REGISTER WITH, OR USE THIS APPLICATION. BY DOWNLOADING, REGISTERING WITH, OR USING THIS APPLICATION, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. THIS NOTICE MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS APPLICATION AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES.
This Privacy Notice describes:
- The types of information we or your veterinary service provider may collect or that you or your veterinary service provider may provide to the Application when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Vet2Pet Mobile Application provided by Vet2Pet or your veterinary service provider.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice applies only to information we collect in this Application, or in e-mail, text, and other electronic communications sent through the Application. This Notice DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect on any other Vet2Pet apps or websites, including websites you may access through this Application.
- You provide to, or is collected by, any third party, with the exception of your veterinary service provider.
Our website, your veterinary service provider’s website, and other third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. The Application is not intended for children under 17 years of age. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT. We collect information from and about users of our Application: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; and (b) automatically when you use the Application.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US. When you download, register with, or use this Application, we may ask you provide:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. (“Personal Information”).
- Information that is about you or your pet, but individually does not identify you, such as the age of your pet, the type of pet you own, or medications your pet uses.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Application. This may include information provided at the time of registering to use the Application, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, including if you report a problem with the Application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Application, the fulfillment of orders you may place through the Application, or details regarding appointment scheduling. You may also be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Application.
- Your search queries on the Application.
- Data you provide to your veterinary service provider through this Application.
- Any other information that you may provide to Vet2Pet.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the Application, such as “Selfie Shots” (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING. When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Application also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio, and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This Application may from time to time collect real-time information about the location of your device. Your location information may be used to help us offer more relevant information to you.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Application or delete it from your device. If you do not wish for the Application to collect location information, you may also adjust the settings on your device to prevent the transmission of location information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Application.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Application and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Vet2Pet, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Application content and verifying system and server integrity).
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION. When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use or collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Application. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as placing orders or providing medication reminders or refills.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Notify you of information relevant to your pet, or process information related to your use, if any, of the loyalty card program.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Notify you of offers for products or services that you may be of interest to you.
- Provide aggregated data to veterinary industry partners.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Application.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not download or use the Application. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Vet2Pet’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Vet2Pet about the Application users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you place an order through the Application, we will use your personal information to fulfill that order.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the End User License Agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vet2Pet, your veterinary service provider, our customers, or others.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
DATA SECURITY. We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password for access to certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE. We may update our privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will post the new privacy Notice on this page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
CONTACT INFORMATION. To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at:
PO Box 776
Bayfield, CO 81122-0776