How Shaffer Animal Hospital is getting more clients to use their app
Shaffer Animal Hospital is receiving more than 500 requests through their app each month. 500!
You might be wondering: How are they doing this?
We wondered that, too. So, in a recent discussion with Jamee DeSimone, practice manager of Shaffer Animal Hospital, Jamee revealed that the secret to getting so many clients to use their app is consistent messaging across ALL channels:
- The front desk team talks about the app when clients call, and when they check out. (“We have a great app. Download it so we can get you your loyalty points!”)
- Technicians bring it up during appointments. (“Do you want an estimate for your visit? Have you downloaded the app?”)
- Veterinarians mention it during appointments. (“When you need this prescription refilled, just request it through the app.”)
- Clients get a welcome email that includes information about the app.
- They promote the app on their social media channels.
- Their app has its own dedicated page on their website.
- On the bottom of invoices, there is a message about downloading the app.
- They’ve added app messaging to their on-hold and voicemail messages.
Why Shaffer Animal Hospital has embraced the 2-Way Chat feature
Jamee also discussed her practice’s hesitancy to implement their app’s 2-Way Chat feature, and how they’ve now embraced it. With successful implementation, 2-Way Chat can drastically reduce incoming and outgoing practice phone calls.
Take a listen to that discussion!
Dr. Stacee Santi, CEO/Founder Vet2Pet
Dr. Stacee Santi is a 1996 DVM graduate from Colorado State University and the founder of Vet2Pet, a technology startup that builds personalized custom apps for veterinary practices. With over 20 years of clinical experience in small animal and emergency practice, Stacee brings an “in the trenches” approach to innovation and solutions for veterinary teams. She has also served as a medical advisory consultant for NVA for 5 years, medical director for a general/ER practice in Colorado as well as current President of the Colorado Veterinary Medical Association. She can be reached at email@example.com.